It is a chicken breast stuffed with lemon garlic herb butter so it is crispy on the outside and juicy on the outside. Start by making the flavored butter in a medium bowl combine softened unsalted butter, minced garlic clove, fresh lemon juice, chopped fresh parsley, salt, and black pepper. Use a fork to mash that together for a couple of minutes just until the lemon juice is incorporated into the butter. Get your chicken breast and using a knife cut each one in half lengthwise keeping both halves equal in size and thickness.
Then carefully cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast as deep without cutting through the chicken breast. Stuff each half with butter and close the pocket and push over the top of the chicken breast to disperse the butter and pinch the openings to seal. Cut a very thin slice of the chicken breast next to the hole and fold the meat over to the hole which will seal it and keep the butter from oozing out while saluting. Once the chicken breasts are stuffed and ready to go, season with salt and pepper.
Carefully flip them over and season the second side. Prepare your breading stations. First put flour in a large bowl, in the second bowl add eggs and beat them together with a fork, and in the third large plate add panko breadcrumbs. First, drench each piece of chicken on the flour dusting off the excess then dip into the eggs to get a good egg coating and allow excess egg to drip off before transferring to the bread crumb plate.
Generously bread both sides of the chicken and transfer into a platter. Once all the chicken is breaded we are ready to cook it. Place a large heavy deep bottomed pan into medium heat and add in your oil. Once your oil is hot enough or 350 F and add in your breaded chicken in a single layer. Sauté for about4 minutes per side or until golden brown. If they are browning too quickly reduce the heat.
Transfer the chicken to a paper towel-lined plate and cook the second batch exactly as you did with the first batch. When done sprinkle a little bit of salt on the chicken to make the flavors come alive. Garnish with a little bit of fresh parsley to give it the fresh pop of color. Also, sprinkle some lemon juice on the chicken and enjoy it with french fries or any food of your choice.
For the Chicken:
- 3 large chicken breasts 12 oz(340 grams) each breast
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Extra light olive oil or Canola oil to sauté
For the Lemon-Herb Garlic Butter:
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter room temp
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice plus more to drizzle finished chicken
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt we use sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- In a medium bowl, mash together all butter ingredients with a fork, just until lemon juice is incorporated into the butter. It takes a couple of mins but it does come together.
- Using a sharp slim knife, cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise, keeping both halves equal in size and thickness. Carefully cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast as deep and wide as you can go without cutting through the chicken breast (about a 2″x3″ pocket).
- Stuff each chicken breast with 1 Tbsp of the butter then close the pocket and push over the top of chicken breast to disperse butter.
- Pinch the opening to seal. Season both sides of chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour, dusting off excess then dip in eggs making sure to get a good egg coating all around and letting any excess egg drip off. Finally, dip into the bread crumbs. Transfer to a platter while forming the remaining chicken.
- Add 1/3″ of oil to a large deep skillet and place over medium heat. Once the oil is hot (a bread crumb should sizzle when you add it to the pan), add chicken in a single layer and fry until golden brown (4 min per side).
- Repeat with the second batch. Season hot fried chicken with a sprinkle of salt, garnish with fresh parsley and squeeze lemon wedges over the top then serve. Be careful of the first spurt of hot butter when you cut the chicken.